Thursday, September 4, 2008

The begining:

Through out my three years of being posted around the country you can hopefully see how my skills have developed. I can now see the occupational relationship and i have seen a broad range of how occupational therapy works in different settings. For example in fieldwork six i was not sure where Occupational therapy fitted into the placement but by the end of it i could see how its importance. Just by looking through my diary abstracts i have seen how my grammer and occupational language have changed and developed as a student. I encourage you to comment on my blog so that i can get some feed back and also other students that might be looking at this can pull from my experiences and know that they are not the only people who might be going through difficult times. It is also important to remember about cultural safety, when i travelled to th far North i was faced with cultures that i had not had much to do with in the past. Just by going to talk to the Maori liaison i learnt a lot of important protocol that i otherwise would not of know. Through out my three years i have personally realised that it is important for me to understand my own culture before i can understand someone elses. This has been a bit factor in my final year of study and i reccomend that you take this point on board.