Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day One

Today was the first day on my second placement of the year. This is a longitudinal placement which means that we are there for half a day once a week for a number of weeks. I am placed there with another girl from my class and we went to there head quarters at 1.00pm and meet up there with our stand-in supervisor. She gave us a very brief tour and then we were put into a van and were off to Moana pool with a client that attends the pools once a week for exercise. We just observed him swim and went back to CCS where we talked to some of the people that worked there and some of the people that attend the centre. I felt a little out of place today but it was good to have a class mate there so that we could discuss what was happening. It was hard because we don’t know what the clients disabilities are or how to communicate with them as a number of them a non verbal. I have no idea who my supervisor is as she wasn’t there today and there are also no OT’s in the setting. Next week I am to go swimming with a client that should be interesting as I feel nervous because I don’t feel I know what I am to do.