Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day Two .

Today Day Two .

We arrived at CCS still very uncertain of what we were meant to be doing but as the afternoon wore on it started to jell together. We arrived at the pool and had changed the two men and were about to get into the pool when the pool was shut down as somebody had pooed in the pool. This put a halt on things so we decided to take the men out to the beach to have a look.

As we were parked up at the beach I was introduced more to the men so that I would get to know how the men operate. He was showing me some of his sign language so now I can have a conversation with him and get to know him a lot better. I also learnt about the other man and how he is very very bright and intelligent but he just can’t express it. He is non verbal this makes it slightly harder to hold a conversation with him at this stage.

There was more conversation held today with both staff and clients who attended CCS. I was starting to feel more comfortable with the environment than on the first day.